Monday 5 May 2014

Welcome to Crystalbrook Cottage!

Welcome to my little corner of the world.  My name is Leanne and I'm a mother to three beautiful kids (biased much!) and partner to the very handsome DH.  I love all things crafty but my greatest passion is quilting.

I've been meaning to start this blog for quite some time.  After many years I am restarting my business patchwork and quilting business, Crystalbrook Cottage.  I started this business a few years ago but found at the time, as a single parent, it wasn't bringing in as much income as I'd hoped and I went into full time employment, therefore not having time (sadly) to keep the business running.

During this time though I did learn a lot about running a small business, sold some patterns and even had a pattern published in my favourite quilting magazine, Homespun, which you can still access, called It's the Simple Things.



I am so glad to have the opportunity now to return to this business and make it into something even more special than before.  I hope to get back to designing patterns and selling products through my online shop (opening soon), and using this blog to provide a source of information and inspiration to fellow quilters.

I am also happy to report my recent title of Area Quilt Queen, Melbourne, for Australian charity BlanketLovez which distributes handmade quilts to sick and traumatised children.

Of course, I hope this blog will be so much more than just quilting... here I hope to share my daily life, my favourite things, recipes I make for my family, home making tips, family creations, interests and adventures.

Won't you come and join in our adventures?

Yours in Stitches

Leanne x

No comments:

Post a Comment