Sunday 20 July 2014

Cuteness!

Hello lovelies!  I've had quite a productive week!  A few good things are on the horizon and I am dying to share them with you.  Firstly, this week I bravely ventured off to meet my local quilters guild.  I realised I needed to be surrounded by people who share this crazy love for quilt making and I wasn't disappointed.  I discovered a whole group of lovely ladies who are just as passionate about this craft as I am.  Our meetings are once a month but there is a sub group that meets weekly.  It was also a surprise to discover that two of the members I already knew as their children go to the same school as mine!  Small world.  If your looking to connect with others who share your passion, make new friends and go to quilt related events, I highly recommend making your acquaintance with your local guild.

My other news is that next term I will be teaching sewing at my daughters primary school... I'm very excited about this!  My daughter and I have been coming up with some small but cute little things for the kids to make.  I made this little bucket pin cushion and this adorable little needle book.  The pincushion bucket I will soon be putting on the blog as a tutorial.




 They are super easy and quick to make so stay tuned.

Front

Back

Inside


The needle book pattern can be found over at nanaCompany.  I love how it uses mostly little scraps you have laying about from other projects.

In other news, I have put the tumbler quilt away for now, but started sewing these little I-spy jars.  I have built up quite a collection of these novelty fabrics.  I look forward to using them in some of my kids quilts for BlanketLovez but this quilt will be for our family.  I'm going to turn some of the blocks on their side to make it look like the jar has fallen over and some of the creatures have escaped.  I've just made the pattern up as I go, so when its finally together I might even draft it as a pattern for my new shop.



Anyway, a quick post today, but hope to be back later in the week with a recipe or two.

Yours in Stitches


Leanne x


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous little pin cushion and needle book.
    What fun that will be to teach at your daughter's school. I hope you enjoy their enthusiasm.
    The I-Spy jars are looking great. Lots of lovely colour and interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou once again Karen for your beautiful words of encouragement, they mean a lot to me :) I do skip over to your swap blog from time to time to see what you ladies are up to - some beautiful things being created over there! x

    ReplyDelete